Here are some ways of dealing with questions when you are the SPEAKER:
When you don’t want to answer:
- To be honest, I’m not really the person to ask about that.
When someone interrupts you:
- Sorry, could I just finish?
When you finally understand what they want to know:
- Oh I see. So what you are asking is …
When you realise they don’t understand what you said:
- Perhaps I didn’t make myself clear. What I was trying to say was …
If you don’t want to tell everyone:
- Perhaps we can talk about it when I have finished.
To close off the presentation:
- If there are no more questions, we should stop there.
Here are some ways of getting an answer when you are the QUESTIONER:
When the answer doesn’t give you the information you want:
- Yes, that may be so, but what I want to know is …
When the answer is evasive:
- Yes, but you still haven’t answered my question.
If you are sceptical and want more detail:
- Well, I’m not so sure. Can you give us an example to illustrate that?
If you don’t agree:
- That may be so, but I still think …
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?